Thursday, April 24, 2008

He put a new song in my mouth

I waited patiently for the LORD;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.
Psalm 40:1-3

I’m taking the Beth Moore course “Beloved Disciple” at the moment. She has several lovely paragraphs on singing “a new song” On Psalm 40:1-3, she writes, “If we are willing, we can also receive a new song from God that arises from hardship’s victories, not necessarily in musical notes but in fresh truths engraved on the heart. These are precious gifts that eventually come to those who keep the faith and wait to see God redeem great difficulty. These songs can be heard by others but they cannot be learned secondhand.”

No comments: